AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, December 11, 2006

Aloha Tower Marketplace...

Today was our second annual Christmas Hula performance at Aloha Tower Marketplace. We had to purchase Teresa's dress ourselves. It had to be green, white or green and white. I think this is PERFECT for her! I just love the flowers and lei and the honu on the dress. And the colors are so Christmas-y! Too bad she would FREEZE on Christmas eve in VA this year. Anyway, Teresa was nervous about performing today, but she did great. She even looked around and smiled at me and at Lauren and Alan on the second floor. It was really cute.





Now, I know, I know...the picture is distracting you from reading the text of this post. I know, you are wondering where the basket of fruit is for my head. I had nothing to do with the picking out of our new dress this year. But, get used to it, because this is my costume for the next 2 YEARS. I'm not kidding. I felt like a sausage...

Other than that, the performance was fine. I wasn't that nervous this year as I have been in the past. I guess that comes with having performed in this venue before. And, I guess, because I really didn't have anyone looking at me (besides Alan, who was mad at me because I didn't look at him while I was dancing..."But, Mom! I was waving at you and you didn't look once!" Not true, at the VERY END, I looked and he blew me a kiss...very cute!)


I just HAD to throw in a picture of the teens doing Tahitian-style Hula. It is ALWAYS amazing. My hips NEVER moved like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures! I think you look great Becky. I will have to catch the Spring performance.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh, I enjoyed the pictures!

I NEED TO GO TO HAWAII. lol. The cold is killing me.