Tomorrow starts a new Girl Scout year. I have been working all week to get ready for the meeting. Today I am just finishing up the last details: making copies for the parent meeting, sewing the last few sit-upons, and baking the snack (the most important part, right?)
I decided on
Monster Cookies
What makes them "monster," you ask? They are scooped on to the cookie sheet with a 1/4 cup measure...not a tsp... ;)
from the Southern Living Cookbook
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1 c + 2 tbsp brown sugar
3 eggs
2 c peanut butter
3/4 tsp light corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 c regular oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c M&M's
6 oz chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, peanut butter, syrup and vanilla; beat well. Add oats, soda and salt; stir well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Pack dough into a 1/4 c measure. Drop dough 4 inches apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets. (only 6 fit on my cookie sheets at a time) Lightly press each cookie into a circle with fingers. Back at 350 for 12-15 minutes. (until edges are light brown) Cool on cookie sheets. Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
3 comments:
we need to see pictures of these babies! I love monster cookies!
This is cruel! Every ingredient sounds like heaven. But Nana's been eating a little too much..
it had better be celery sticks for me.
I'll see the scouts in October!
Love, Nana
Great recipe! I bet adding a few raisin or orange cranrasins to the dough would be colorful as well as delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Oma & Opa
Post a Comment