AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sleepover Central

Teresa was invited to a sleepover birthday party last night. The party was revolving around the premiere of the new Disney Channel Movie: High School Musical 2. They were also going to decorate shirts and make a purse. You know, girly sleepover stuff...the stuff I remember from sleepovers...


Because Teresa wasn't going to be home and Alan hasn't had a sleepover in a while, I asked if he wanted to invite our neighbor, Nathan, to sleepover. Now, I am not a boy. I have never been to a boy sleepover. I'm sure Tim had sleepovers when he was younger, but I'll admit it...I was very self-centered...so I don't remember AT ALL...


My plan was: pizza, movie of Nathan's choice, play-doh & Hawaiian punch game. And we did all those things. I just didn't realize that it would also involve things like burping contests and wrestling (wrestling while holding play-doh...on carpet...that doesn't belong to me...)

JIM: COME HOME SOON! This whole "he's just a boy" is hard to understand when I'm a GIRL!



The good news: they were both asleep by 9:15...something that NEVER happened at ANY of the sleepovers I went to... ;)


***Edited to add: Alan corrected me: This was NOT his first sleepover. He slept over at Josh’s house in SC.***

3 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

They are adorable! It sounds like fun! I want to knock down things, too.

Nicki Meier said...

Oh Becky...I do say girls are easier than boys. I don't know what I'de do for a boy sleepover, other than bring out the tractors.
It is true, the whole burping, rolling on the floor with playdough...BOYS...Lord help us!

nanapapava said...

Sounds like your sleepover schedule went perfectly......
That Hawaiian Punch game has really been a winner for years!
Happy burping and wrestling.
Love, Nana