Now that it's FINALLY spring, Jim and I have taken to sitting outside in our front yard. Last year, we really enjoyed watching the hawk and the hummingbirds...and our kids playing in the park across the street.
On Tuesday, new playground equipment was installed.
I was watching it go up from my window in the dining room. I said to Jim, "The box says playground on it, but I don't recognize what it is? I wonder..."
Of course, I couldn't stand NOT KNOWING...so eventually I went over and asked what they were putting in: Electronic Outdoor Games.
It's like GIANT Simon.
Teresa and Alan HAD to go over right after school and check it out:
I called housing on Wednesday to say THANKS, but it was a surprise to them as well. Apparently, it was installed by MWR.
People from all over have been coming to play. And now I have something else to watch when I'm sitting out in front of my house.
Usually families come up and you can hear them thinking: Huh...I wonder how this works.
Then you see the parents start to push the start buttons
Then you see the kids running around to push the different colors
After a while, you see the parents start playing...and the kids walk off...
and very soon, all you can see are adult arms and legs trying to beat the other player...
LOVE the entertainment...
2 comments:
WOW!! I love it!! Not only for their entertainment, but for your's as well! Does it get any better than that?!
Last year, they put in a new piece of equipment at the kids school...I heard it cost $10,000. Uhhh...ya. I would have liked to use the $10,000 towards something better. It was like 3 bars, a cross over thing and that was it. TOTALLY loving your playground MUCH more! :)
That looks WAY fun!!
Post a Comment