AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

We are home...





Here she is. Ready for surgery. The doctor PROMISED HER that if she brought Kitty, she would get a mask and hat.

Teresa did GREAT. Not nervous at all. She even let the Anaesthesiologist put the IV in without any anaesthesia! I just focused her eye right on me, we did our breathing exercises, and she was fine.


Seconds after THIS picture was taken, the nurse asked if the Anaesthesiologist had given her "silly medicine." NOPE...Just plain old classic Teresa!














After the surgery, the doctor came to get me and as he was walking me to the recovery room, he said, "She really wanted them out." I didn't understand what he meant, so he clarified: her adenoids were HUGE.

Teresa's surgery started at about 7:30. She was in recovery before 8:30 and we were in her room on the Pediatric Ward by 9:30. She was a little groggy and talking only in whispers UNTIL about 11:30 when she WOKE COMPLETELY UP...then, she was climbing the wall...literally! I don't think I could have said "Stop making the bed go up and down" one more time! The doctor came around for evening rounds and remarked on how well she was doing. He asked what I wanted to do and TERESA SAID, "I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!" So, here we are. Home.



But not before I took this picture of sunset from her 7th floor room...








Teresa will still be out of school tomorrow, but I'm sure she will be perfectly well and playing outside NLT Friday!

Aloha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hope that the next few days give mom some much needed rest and relaxation! Allison, Mike and Emily

Anonymous said...

Way to go! We're glad all went well.
Love
Ellen and Tony

themumma said...

are adenoids like tonsils... do you get to have lots of ice cream?
get well soon teresa!
xo hugs and smooches,
riley, sophie & sam

Tim said...

Teresa -- We heard you were so brave! We're glad to hear things went so well, and I hope you're feeling 100% better soon!

Love, Uncle Tim, Aunt Becky and Sawyer.

Anonymous said...

We were happy to see your smile. Did Kitty do as well as you? hAVE FUN AT HOME AND EAT A LOT OF ICE CREAM. lOVE, oMA AND oPA