AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Aloha, Daddy!

In thinking about Jim coming home for R&R, I wanted to make a distinction between the R&R homecoming and the REAL homecoming. I did NOT want to make "Welcome Home" signs, because he ISN'T HOME...he is on vacation. So, I went to Party City and got Cheesy-Aloha Decorations:


I got an email 2 days ago with a flight number and time. However, Jim said he would call me. And if he DIDN'T call me, he might be on an earlier flight. When I didn't hear from him, I took a chance and just went to the airport.

Did you know that families can meet returning soldiers at the gate? We went to the USO and got a pass. Then went to Delta and got a pass from them. Straight through security to the gate! We still had NO idea if Jim was actually going to get off the plane...I was getting nervous because a LOT of people had gotten off the plane, including 3 other soldiers...

THEN

DADDY!
ALOHA!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

These wonderful pictures brought real tears to my eyes!

Savor each and every moment of your time together.

Elizabeth's Mom (back in chilly Massachusetts!!)

Terri Steffes said...

Becky, those pictures show such love and delight! I am soooo happy for you and I hope you all have only the best of times!

Anonymous said...

Those smiles say it all...
Very happy for all of you...
jimi

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!! So glad that he did get off that flight...seeing the kids up against the window, waiting, that would have been the worst part! Enjoy each other! Allison, Mike and Em

Tim said...

What a great surprise. I'm glad things worked out the way they did. Get some rest everyone!

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Great pictures! I am so happy for you all. Have a great vacation and let me know if you run out of limes!!!!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE! We're glad everyone is together! Enjoy the break!!
Love, Ellen and Tony