Today, I went with the school to the district music festival. As you can see, the kids all had to wear their Chorus T-shirts. The music teacher picked them out. Aren't they pretty? Yes, even the boys are wearing pink. Actually, all together, the kids look great AND they REALLY STAND OUT...when walking through crowds of people...which turned out to be a good thing when we were trying to get back to the buses!
Anyway, we sat for over an hour before it was time for our kids to sing. Teresa got up in front of EVERYONE...I'm guessing 300-400 people...and introduced the chorus! She did GREAT. It's times like these that I wish I had a digital video camera so I could just upload it to You Tube and you could see it today. Anyway, she read 2 paragraphs without hesitation AT ALL. AND she was only given it YESTERDAY!Our group sang two songs: This Little Light of Mine and Breaking Free. All the other groups sang beautiful songs. But, a little boring, in my opinion. These two songs are uplifting and fun. And, every kid in that gym knew the words to Breaking Free. Everyone was singing along and clapping. When our kids were done, the gym exploded with clapping and cheering. Not like the nice clapping when the other groups were done. Again, wish I had a digital video camera.
When I was at the back of the line getting the kids back to the buses, some random lady stopped me and said, "If there was an award today, your kids would have won, hands down." Wasn't that sweet? I told the music teacher...
2 comments:
Yeah Teresa-----she's a winner! She looks so pretty with her long hair. Love to all Oma and Opa
Yeah Teresa-----she's a winner! She looks so pretty with her long hair. Love to all Oma and Opa
Post a Comment