AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One hump or two?

A couple of weeks ago I thought to myself "Jim has been gone so long. I bet if I were an elephant, I could have had a calf."

I was wrong.

That happens at day 425.

Today is day 406.

So...

If I were a camel, I could have had a calf...
(which, considering where Jim is located: it's more appropriate)

(and no, I am not pregnant nor will I be in the future. I am going to leave that to Ellen ;) )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Becky, thanks a lot. Ever since I read your post I've been singing "Sally the Camel"! It's almost my bedtime AND I'll probably have that song in my head 'til I fall asleep!!

Those days are really piling up. I think about you often and hope that Jim gets home safe and sound soon.

Janet

nanapapava said...

Glad you didn't have an elephant calf (that is what elephants have, isn't it?) It would be hard to buy for for Christmas.

Pretty soon you'll have Ellen & Tony, then me for a distraction.....

Then before you know it Jim will really be home! Nana

Anonymous said...

We can't WAIT to be a distraction! We're really looking forward to our visit.

I, too, am a victim of singing "sally the camel!"

I have to brush up on all those nursery tunes anyway!

Ellen and Tony

Terri Steffes said...

Your mind is too creative for me!

Anonymous said...

Becky, you made me laugh with your post. Hang in there kido, soon your dear Jim will be home and all this will be a memory. Praying for you everyday.