
Ever wonder what happens to a Grandfather who is tired from jet lag, but the grandchild is excited about seeing him?!?
Since they arrived, we have had a BUSY schedule. They did come to LIFE, not vacation land, after all.
Teresa, Alan, Katie and I left the house at 6:50am Thursday morning. Katie needed to be at the vet NLT 7:30am for her abdominal ultrasound to see if the Cushing Disease she has is caused by a tumor on her adrenal gland or one on her pituitary gland. (Pituitary, BTW. Safer medication that we will start when she starts exhibiting cushing behaviors.) The kids and I needed to be at school at 7:50. Then, I accompanied Alan on a field trip with the Keiki Chorus to a Music Festival. Fun. I would post pictures, but they all have lots of school uniform shirts in them. :(
Jim drove to work with Nana and Papa trailing behind to find the Ukulele shop for Tim. (Yes, that adds up to 3 cars. We borrowed one from Bob, since he is in the Philippines. )
After I returned to the school, I met Nana and Papa for lunch before heading to the vet to bust Katie out of jail. Then, back to the school to get the kids, drop Alan off at home with Nana and Papa, then off to Girl Scouts with Teresa. Good news: Cookies are all sold! Woohoo!
Home at 5:30, cooked dinner, then finished preping for the baby shower I was hosting on Friday.
Yes, I did manage to still watch Survivor and LOST.

Today, hosted a baby shower for my friend, Lisa, at the Waioli Tea Room in Manoa. Jim was able to sneak out of work and play golf with Papa.
The tea was fun and girly!

After school, Teresa showed off all the art projects she has created over the past couple of months in her "Art Around the World" class. Here is her self portrait.
We still need to get Alan to ukulele class this evening.
Tomorrow: PINE WOOD DERBY.
5 comments:
Whether it's "life" or " vacation time"......Have a great visit! Good luck on the pine wood derby. Hope we get a good look at the cars.
Love to all, Oma and Opa
Oooh....Have fun at the Pinewood Derby....and enjoy your time together with Nana and Papa.
Love, Aunt Susan
Did you ever know that your my HERO??!!
Your everything I wish I could be!!
Wow!! You are such a great mom! Not even the press stops you from being a great mom. And friend...look at that tea table! Can't wait until you move to Washington, and since Washington and Canada are neighbors...we get to do tea all the time!!
Woohoo!!
Have a great time with the family...
Becky,
Great to hear about all your activities. I love the picture from the tea house. Did you decide to do the high tea? Please pass on to Lisa that she looks wonderful. Ellie is reading over my shoulder and wants to say Hi to Teresa and tell her that she has joined Soccer and loves it!
Aloha,
Elizabeth
And people say stay at home moms don't work!!! Have a great time! Let me know when the next round of your pineapple mai tais are and have one or two for me! Allison
Post a Comment