AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, March 03, 2008

Week 1

For the next couple of months, I will be following the life-cycle of a plant.

Are you thinking to yourself: Self, this is DEEP for Becky. She usually only writes about her kids and shows pictures of her "magical" life in Hawaii. Is she trying to better herself? Is she trying to make her blog read on a higher reading level, like Shannon's? (Shannon posted that her blog reads on a High School reading level. Mine only comes out to Elementary. Go figure)

Nope

This new found interest in Botany is an ode to a friend.


A friend who planted a plant


Then left the island


Have you guessed it yet?


Is it YOU I'm talking about?


Yes, Elizabeth...


YOUR PINEAPPLE IS GROWING!!!

Lynette and Roj say "THANKS!!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!
I can't believe it is finally growing, I thought it was a dud. Thank you so much for the picture. The girls loved seeing it too!

Aloha,
Elizabeth

nanapapava said...

Elizabeth,
We knew you had it in you.
What a plant.
How deep and meaningful.
Why, I think I will go and visit it! Like a pilgrim to Mecca! I'll catch a plane on, ah, how about the 12th of March!?!
Great!
I'll report back.
Nana

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Did Elizabeth really plant the pineapple??? When???

Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Well THIS Nana hoped to see the pineapple in real time but I guess "blog time" will have to suffice. What fun for the MacDonald Place gang.

I'll be watching for furthur updates from you or the "pilgrim"!!

Hope your Mom's trip westward is a safe and fun-filled one.

Janet

Becky said...

Aunt Susan:

Yes, Elizabeth really did plant the pineapple. All you have to do is cut the top off the pineapple you are eating and stick it in some dirt. I think they planted it when they were first here...about 2 1/2 years ago. Pineapples take 18 months - 3 years to grow one fruit.

B

Anonymous said...

Becky:

How cool! Tony and I planted a pineapple when we were in Florida and it did really well. Unfortunately, we weren't there long enough to see an actual pineapple and figured it wouldn't do as well in our chillier VB climate. *sigh* There really is nothing like a pineapple from Hawaii though!

YUM.

Ellen, Tony and Nicholas

ps - Nana, let me know if you need a bag lady to help carry the luggage ;-)

Anonymous said...

Becky,

That is so amazing...Wow...

Aunt Susan

nanapapava said...

Nana Janet, I must admit I am a little sad we haven't met in person....I do think we would enjoy each others' company!
I will report back to you and to the MacDonald Exiles about the status of the lovely pineapple plant (a visual status....we will not try to taste it while visiting...)
Nana