Moving from Ft Leavenworth is a surreal experience. Almost everyone you know is also moving. Apparently...all today! 4 moving trucks on our tiny street today...the "Fry-Wagner" truck is for our house...
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Becky,
I feel so sorry for you. I know it is so hard to watch your things being packed up and taken away. Were you able to do a door to door, since you are close to your destination?
Good luck. I hope all goes well. Give our best to Jim, Teresa and Alan.
I am heading out for a walk with Jack. He weighs 93 pounds and is only 8 1/2 months old. What were we thinking!
That pic reminds me so much of the town where I grew up. Newport was and still is home to the Naval War College and I remember streets that looked just like this. My mother would lock up the cats if moving vans were in our neighborhood for fear that one of her pets would climb aboard!!
Best of luck with your move! Hope you are able to keep in touch with your newest set of friends.
A door to door move would require that one knows where one is going to live. Here in lies the problem.
I'm trying not to think about it. There is a higher plan...I just don't know what it is right now. (that's what I'm trying to tell myself so I don't go INSANE!)
5 comments:
Becky,
I feel so sorry for you. I know it is so hard to watch your things being packed up and taken away. Were you able to do a door to door, since you are close to your destination?
Good luck. I hope all goes well. Give our best to Jim, Teresa and Alan.
I am heading out for a walk with Jack. He weighs 93 pounds and is only 8 1/2 months old. What were we thinking!
Elizabeth
Let's just hope those movers move the right things into the right truck!
Last time we moved, we moved ourselves...movers are a GOOD THING!
Becky,
That pic reminds me so much of the town where I grew up. Newport was and still is home to the Naval War College and I remember streets that looked just like this. My mother would lock up the cats if moving vans were in our neighborhood for fear that one of her pets would climb aboard!!
Best of luck with your move! Hope you are able to keep in touch with your newest set of friends.
Janet
A door to door move would require that one knows where one is going to live. Here in lies the problem.
I'm trying not to think about it. There is a higher plan...I just don't know what it is right now. (that's what I'm trying to tell myself so I don't go INSANE!)
You aren't going insane, Becky....you are coming to your parents' house.....ahhhhggghhh!!!
Love,
Mommy Dearest
Post a Comment