AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, September 04, 2011

New to Us House!

So, we were finally offered a new house. Well, a new to US house. This housing area is "historic." I think the houses were built in the '20's/'30's.

We had to accept the house "AS IS," which kinda scared me until I found out that just meant the previous tenants (the old garrison commander) painted the walls and didn't paint them back to the usual white.

I have never, in all my life, lived in a house with walls that weren't white.  Well, technically, the house I lived in my last two years of high school...the walls weren't painted...they had wall paper...with butterflies. That's what all teenagers want...butterflies.  (just kidding, mom and dad!)

Anyway, most of the walls are tan. The dining room is yellow. Teresa's room is Robin's Egg Blue. (she's in HEAVEN!)

Here's a look!   I don't have any furniture moved in yet. I hired a moving company to move it all in on Wednesday.


This nook is in the front entry way. I'm pretty sure it's for an old telephone and phone book!!
Here's the stairwell. I like how they added the chair rail at the top!

The dining room!  What do you think about my carpet & curtains?!?  Those curtains have been in about 5 of my houses over the years. I cut them up in to valances for the other house on Fort Sill. This house has the same sized windows, so I just popped down the curtain rods, brought them over to the new house and popped them right in to the windows!


What do you think of the new carpet? I think it brightens the room.

and here is the view from standing in front of the fireplace and looking in to the dining room. The carpet has a little bit of yellow, which I hope think ties the rooms together.  (just for reference...in this view, in the hallway between the two rooms, the front door is to the left and the stairwell is to the right)

Here is one of the THREE FULL BATHROOMS!!! Don't you just LOVE the floors?!? ORIGINAL!

And lastly, I couldn't post pictures without posting this one. It's of the caravan of people that came out on Thursday to help me move my kitchen!!!  There is NO WAY I could have done that myself. I am so grateful!

8 comments:

Nadeen said...

Looks nice! Even empty. It'll really be honey and cute when you're done. I know.

Jenny said...

Oh wow! This is such a neat house! I love what you've done already! It is going to look amazing!

Aunt lodi said...

Looks great,spacious. I am glad you have some color on your walls, love the carpet and the cool bath tiles. 3 bathrooms. WOW! can't wait to see it with your funiture.

Amy said...

Very cute house!! Exciting! Are you enjoying the cool? So glad you had some help moving.

Belinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda said...

What a cool house! Everything you have done so far looks great! I think it will be really cozy when you get moved in. You're husband will love it!

The "military family" is so wonderful! What a great bunch of friends to help you move!

VictoriaS said...

It's an awesome house! And you will make it a home. It already looks homey to me with the beautiful rug. I can see the stockings on the fireplace already!
And I LOVE the bathroom tile.

Anonymous said...

Love the new home photos and I do love the carpet in the living room. I am sure you love all the space in this style house. Well worth the move! Can you send me your new address again...I think I deleted it.

Thanks,
Elizabeth