WELL...
Today,
SHE FOUND THE PERSON!!
COL Abbott Weatherly. He is 91 and lives in North Carolina. Actually, it was his son, John, who threw the bottle. He was 12 at the time. John lives across the street from his Dad. When I went to Sandra's house, she was talking to Col Weatherly. He said he does remember the cruise and his son remembers throwing the bottle. They were moving from Hawaii to the mainland US. He has pictures of his family on the boat with lei on; he is going to email them to Sandra.
How cool is that??!!??
More to come, I'M SURE!!!
Here is some background info on Col Weatherly:
THE 113th F.A. Bn. Disaster
Scroll down to his name in the articlePhoto's of 113th FA Battery A
(It's a PDF file) Scroll to the second page, fourth photo
4 comments:
Wow! Can't wait to hear the rest!
As you know, we love the WW II stories!
Nana
Becky,
Very interesting. I am impressed by Sandra's research skills. Th e power of the internet!
Elizabeth
very cool story. Maybe this guy is our neighbor now :-)
Post a Comment