AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Kung Hee Fat Choy (vol 2)

Just like last year, the Chinese Lion's came to the school.

All the kids loved it.

(In fact, one kid in Alan's class loved it so much that he ripped a jewel off the lion. No kidding. I caught him showing some other kids. I asked for it and it took me about 5 minutes to convince him that he needed to give it to me. He said "It's my responsibility. I'll keep it until next February and then give it back.")

Anyway,

Happy Year of the Rat

8 comments:

nanapapava said...

Great dancing. What a great cultural event. I love the kid's scholl lay out where the center is grass, making a huge outdoor auditorium.

Nana

nanapapava said...

Bad spelling, Nana. That's "school"!

Anonymous said...

How entertaining! Thank you for sharing. Teresa and Alan are learning a lot.
Love, Oma and Opa

Nicki Meier said...

Oh that looks like fun!! Bet the kids just love it!!
What is up with the little boy so close on the right side?? I was just imagining that thing tripping over him...YIKES!

Great memories for your kiddos~!!
gotta love it.

Anonymous said...

Your blog inspired us...went to DC to watch the Chinese New Year Parade.  It was cold and windy.  Those dragons really moved....also had a good hot lunch there.Love Oma and Opa

Heart 4 My Home said...

What a neat thing for the kids to experience.

I must say though, I will celebrate the year of the rat along with them as long as that rat doesn't come to my house! *grin*

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nana! What a distinctive cultural experience. Amazing. (The story of Alan and the diamond is hilarious. I like the way he took responsibility and was willing to hold on to it for a week.)

Anonymous said...

Becky...It's me, Aunt Susan....The previous comment is mine....but soemthing has changed here on your website and it no longer has a space for putting in my name as Aunt Susan