AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Girl Scout Camp 2008

Last year, we went to the Girl Scout camp, Camp Paumalu. While a good time was had by all, the leaders had to do all the work, including planning, packing in EVERYTHING, cooking and all activities. It was exhausting.

This year we decided to go to Camp Timberline for a number of reasons.

1) It is not our year to go to Camp Paumalu. It's an every other year deal.

2) We pay them and they do EVERYTHING: food, activities, EVERYTHING

The number 2 reason was the big selling point.


For $70 per Girl, the camp puts your troop in a converted stable, leads all activities and feeds you all your meals.

Sold.

The girls had a GREAT time. We went with our sister Junior Troop again, which also adds to the "fun factor."


They played games.

They worked together to overcome obstacles, including rope and balancing activities.

We went swimming and hiking.





And the Brownies got to climb a rock climbing wall. Teresa almost made it to the top twice.

It was still exhausting, but mostly because I didn't sleep all that well.

Aloha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a mastercard commercial to me!

Anonymous said...

Oops! That mastercard comment was mine! Allison

Anonymous said...

What a great event! Loved the pictures. Bet Teresa had a good time. Love Oma and Opa

Anonymous said...

Looks like alot of fun! I love the flip flop shirts! How cute. I know my girls had a great time there two years ago. Meagan still talks about those rope challenges.

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Becky -
The flip flop shirts came out so good! I know that was a lot of work! Looks like the scouts had a great time.

Ellen and Tony

nanapapava said...

Fabulous! I know the girls had a great time. You are the BEST mommy. Really!

Nana

Anonymous said...

Becky,

You are such a wonderful, wonderful mother...

We should all have a mother like you....The world would be wonderful if we did...

So glad you let someone else do all the work this year.

Love, Aunt Susan
(Your PROUD Aunt Susan....I reserve bragging rights :)