AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Reality of Living on the Mainland US...with 4 seasons

In the military, when you move, the Army (Navy, Marines) gives you extra money to off-set the cost of curtains/shipping your car/new carpet/pain in our a**. This time, I told Jim I needed most of the money to buy new clothes. Living in Hawaii for 3 years meant the kids had NO winter clothes. They got entirely new wardrobes.

Now, I understand that children grow. When they are babies, they get a new wardrobe every 3 months! But, when they are "kids," I would expect that they could wear something for a year or so. Apparently not in this house.

Teresa is not the issue. She is in the beginning of growth issues again. (She's lost 2lbs this month because of her medication change...but that's another post. Don't worry, Sarah, I'm TRYING to be patient with this dr...we go back in 30 days)

The problem is Alan. Not only are the pants I bought in September 2 inches too short: they also all have holes in the knees. All of them. Because I don't want my kid going to school/church/anywhere with hole-y pants (and trust me, these are not the kind of holes I could fix!) I bought new pants in December.

Today, Alan walked in from school with, you guessed it HOLE-Y JEANS!! Not a little hole, mind you...seam to seam!

I guess in Hawaii he just had lots of band-aids...

1 comment:

nanapapava said...

Yes on the bandaids. He healed. The pants don't. Bummer.

But, aghhhhh....2 pounds? That's a lot for T......