AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Friday...

Emily decided NOT to go with us to the Made in Hawaii Festival. So, Allison, Teresa, Alan and I went off and had a GREAT time. Every third or fourth booth was a FOOD booth, so we sampled chocolate, salsa, chips, bread, seasonings, fresh fruit: You name it! We bought painted gourds, straw angels with hawaiian fabric skirts, hand painted T-shirts, cinnamon macademia nuts, and some other things I don't want to say because they will be presents in the future. ;)


That evening, we hired a babysitter so that Emily, Allison and I could go out to dinner. We choose Duke's Canoe Club. It was great. We had to wait in the bar for a few minutes (oh, darn...not another lava flow) then were seated. And we ended the eveing with a piece of HULA PIE...my new favorite. I have the recipe from the internet and will now be featuring it at the Clark B&B. Between the three of us, we couldn't finish the whole piece!

No comments: