AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Murphy strikes again...

About a week ago, I was in the car with my next door neighbor, Elizabeth (Hi, Elizabeth!!), and our friend mentioned she was going to get her car inspected. Yesterday, Elizabeth told me that after our friend said that, she looked at her car and noticed it was expiring...ALONG WITH MINE (our cars are next to each other in the parking lot.)

Great! The kids have a 5 day weekend, so I have to drag them along to the inspection. My idea of LOADS of fun...NOT!

After we got dressed this morning, I pile us all in the car to go to the gas station to be inspected. I drive up and am first in line. Good sign, right?

The guy tells me, "right blinker, left blinker, windshield wipers, brake lights, right blinker, left blinker, good. Ok, now, let me see your insurance card and registration."

I know what the insurance card looks like because I am the one who cuts it out and puts it in the car. I don't, however, know what the registration looks like. I open up the glove box and take out the "book" and start rummaging through the papers. I find something that shows Jim paid for our tags, but NO REGISTRATION. The guy said, "Go call your husband and ask where it is."

Well, that's going to be an issue.

So, I come home and tear apart the car, bill box and any other place I can think of. No registration. Great. Just what I need. I NEED to go to the DMV on the last day of the month. FUN.

Again, I piled the kids up in the car, this time armed with a backpack full of stuff because who knows HOW long I'll be in line. When I got there, I bet there were only 10 people in front of me (it was still rather early.) and 8 tellers open! Amazing. When it was my turn, I told the lady I didn't have the registration. She asked for Jim's ID...and I was about to start crying...when she said, Oh, he's military, do you have your military ID? Yes, here it is! And she printed out another copy.

Back to the gas station where the man remembered me and didn't make me do the inspection again. 2 Hours later, my car is inspected. I did not cry...but tears were standing at the ready. It could have been a LOT worse, but Jim...come on, dude...it could have been a LOT better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. Now I look like the nosy neighbor. Ha Ha!