I received an email the other day from a fellow paddler. Apparently in the past, if you were leaving the island, the other paddlers would get together and make a quilt wall hanging to give you as your farewell gift. The gal that was in charge of that is leaving the island, so she decided to get everyone together to make them all at the same time. She has enough fabric to make 23 quilts and needed to know how many people wanted to participate...
ME! ME! ME! CHOOSE ME!!
So, next Tuesday, we (including Elizabeth...HI, Elizabeth's Mom!) are all meeting at her house to cut the fabric to make kits. Then, we have two months to sew the blocks before we meet again to assemble the quilts.
WOOHOO!!!
I am SO GLAD Becky gave me piecing lessons over the holidays...I TOTALLY think I can do this...
Sooooooo.....here is a picture of what we are going to make...
What do you think?????
2 comments:
Love the pattern......looks like fierce waves.
Oma
Well, Becky, "HI" right back to you this morning!
The quilt design is fabulous. It certainly evokes an ocean feel. Hope the two of you have fun at the quilting session on Tuesday.
Elizabeth's Mom
Post a Comment