AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008

Friday night, we went with Jim's small group to the Kerby Pumpkin Patch. It was small, but very accommodating for our group. Not only did they have a tractor/hay ride out to the pumpkins, but they also had a corn maze, slides and play things for the kids, and a barn with picnic tables. They let us use the barn/tables for free. We purchased hot dogs from them and everyone brought a side dish. It was fantastic!

There were 2 differences between this pumpkin patch and the one in Hawaii.

1) We could NOT see the ocean or Diamond Head.

2) It was COLD.

Here are this years pictures. And, I thought it would be fun to revisit pumpkin patch pictures from 2002!

Alan's pumpkin 2008


Alan's pumpkin 2002


Teresa's pumpkin 2008


Teresa's pumpkin 2002


Cheers!

4 comments:

MONTE said...

The then and now comparisons are great! I'll have to hang on to that idea for future posts for Nicholas =)
I loved the pumpkin patch and am looking forward to that annual tradition. Tony and I really never bothered until Nic got here!

nanapapava said...

Wow! They look like the same pumpkins -- the kids are just bigger :)

Great comparisons!

Nana

Anonymous said...

Need I remind you that it is supposed to be cold when you pick out your pumpkin...and downright freezing in your search for the perfect Christmas tree.

Forays into pumpkin fields surrounded by tropical vegetation is simply unnatural!!! Of course, I would jump at the chance to be on any of the islands anytime!!

Cute pics!!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Becky,

I have fond memories of visiting the Aloun Pumpkin Patch with the girl scouts. We have a corn maze and hayride farm a 1/2 mile from our home. We visited it with Ellie's school for Family Back to School Night so it was still a warm evening. But I did tell everyone about picking pumpkins in Hawaii. Are you enjoying raking leaves yet? I have been battling the leaves for weeks now. We live in a very wooded neighborhood.

Loved the pictures.

Happy Fall to all the Clarks!

Elizabeth