Yesterday, Alan carved his pumpkin. He had a great time scooping out the guts.

Today, Teresa went to carve her pumpkin...and when we opened it, there was mushy brown water filling the pumpkin.
She burst in to tears.
Our concession: she painted the pumpkin... (she actually was able to add all the details she wanted to carve it, but that I told her was impossible)

We also moved the gourd she painted for school out on to the front porch. She had to decorate a pumpkin without damaging the pumpkin in any way. You should have seen the pumpkins the fourth grade made! They also did a writing assignment about their pumpkins.
Alan's pumpkin is carved with a spider.

Here is Jim's pumpkin (Frankenstein) and Teresa's painted pumpkin.
I purchased some interesting pumpkin lights this year. One is a strobe light and one turns different colors. Should be interesting!Trick or Treat!!
2 comments:
We sure did miss you and the fam this Halloween! We had MAI TAIs (from the kitchen of CC) in honor of YOU, Becky! We will send you the pic! Donna S definitely liked the Mai Tai's! She was so funny! hehe!
Heh, heh. Now I know what Evan will look like carving pumpkins in a few years. Glad to know I still have some of that fun to go.
Post a Comment