AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Alan's Halloween

I have decided that if I'm going to be making their costumes, they are going to wear them for two years. When Nana was here, we went to the Renaissance Festival. Alan saw a sword, shield and helmet. So, there ya go...new accessories. I'm fine with that.

I was VERY excited when Alan and Teresa brought home a note from the school stating they could wear a costume to school under the condition that they dress as a book character. The Three Musketeers was a book, right? The note didn't say you had to have actually READ the book...

hahahahahaha

So, we went online and printed out the book cover for Alan to carry in the parade. The book actually looked cute, so I may look in to actually getting the book...


Before trick or treating, I made the kids a Halloween Dinner. (I'm feeling like the kids are growing up REALLY fast, so I want them to remember things like: "do you remember the time mom made the pizza with pumpkin and ghost cheese?") Alan likes ham on his cheese pizza, so I was able to be a bit more creative than on Teresa's.


About a week ago, we were watching TV and a preview of the nightly local news came on. The advertisement was to "Stay Tuned" for the upcoming report on safe Halloween costumes. I was about to change the channel, but the kids wanted to hear what the reporter had to say. She made a convincing argument for not wearing masks or helmets, so Alan was adamant that he only wanted to wear the knight helmet for a picture. (and I happen to know Sawyer had paint on his face and not a football helmet for the same reasons!)


Here he is! A musketeer!

Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

nanapapava said...

Wow! It is beter to see that great face and sheild than anything else!

Nana

Anonymous said...

Love the helmet! But better safe than sorry!

Elizabeth

MONTE said...

Somehow, I missed these posts. I LOVE how you did the cheese on the halloween pizzas - you do such fun/cool stuff and there is no doubt your kids will have great memories.

Sorry to hear about Teresa's pumpkin (ewwww) but it came out great with her painting.