2006: Jim was in Iraq (and we went to the Riley's)
2005: we ate dinner with the neighbors but the turkey didn't cook in time = ham for dinner
So, this year was the first year in four years that we had a true Thanksgiving dinner at home together.
We invited neighbors over because it's more fun with lots of people.
Teresa and Alan made placemats for everyone. Teresa spent time making activities on the kid ones and looking up accurate Native American information for the adult placemats. They came out cute.

For the past few years, whenever I make a turkey, I use Alton Brown's recipe from the show "Good Eats." First, you brine the turkey over night. Then, you heat up the aromatics to put inside the cavity. (brilliant!) Then, you cook it with a tent over just the breast. 2 hours later (yes, only 2 hours!) it's DONE perfectly! It was SOOOO juicy!!Before I had Jim carve up the turkey, I made him watch a video I saw on yahoo. I can't link it, sorry. If you want to see it, go to yahoo. Click on "video" then "more videos" then search for "carve turkey." It's the one from "Howcast." It showed how to carve the turkey perfectly and how to lay it on the platter so it still looked like a turkey!

3 comments:
Looks like a great meal!
And, you were right, the kids fit perfectly on the ends of the table together. Your table must be wider than most!
I will check out your turkey cooking method. I'm so surprised at the two hour timeing. Jim made it look good!
Nana
Becky,
Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving, we sure did! We had a great time with you in 2006 and we still have our cute place card pilgrims to prove it. We have been extremely busy with our new puppy Jack. He went with us to Mass. for the holiday and he did so well in the car, meeting new people and hanging out in different houses.
Now we have to gear up for the next holiday!
Elizabeth
Oh no they were placecard turkeys! I swear I just saw them the other day when I was pulling out the Thanksgiving decorations!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment