AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fun Mom

A few of you have heard my theory on Fun Mom. Years ago, I read an article about being a "fun mom." It said "What are your kids going to remember...that the laundry was done and the kitchen was clean OR that you took them to the park or played a game with them?"

If you have been to my house, you know which theory I live by

FUN MOM.

The leaf men were out blowing all the leaves in to pile for them to suck up today. When the kids got home from school, there was a HUGE pile of leaves right in front of the house. We were standing outside and some friends walked by. The 2 year ran right to the pile and jumped in.

The rest is history. They played in the leaves for an hour...until the leaf man came and needed to suck it up.

Who cares that they have homework...it'll get done...



(I know, I know...the pictures are blurry. You try to take pictures of 4 kids throwing leaves!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

I know we have had this discussion before. I was Fun Mom today. I took Ellie and Sarah to vote with me, we made potato chocolate candy for Sarah's Irish project, also made pumpkin pie and we read 3 chapters of the Diamond of Darkhold(4th book of the City of Ember series). But you know tomorrow I will be Clean Mom!

Elizabeth

Becky said...

Cool. Fun Mom. I've won you over. If you REALLY want to be "Clean Mom," you are welcome at my house any day...

;)

The Mujahid's said...

Okay Fun Mom should have jumped into the leaves too! LOL

MONTE said...

Those pics are AWESOME and I am jealous that there were SO many leaves to jump in to! So glad you chose the fun mom route - but I agree...you should have jumped in, too!

nanapapava said...

Yes, you are a Fun Mom. I agree!! I know we had some fun times when you were little, but I think you take it to a new level (As a mom I was never really fun OR clean.....I waffeled somewhere in the middle...)

Nana (Middle Mom)