AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Friday, October 03, 2008

Torn

I was torn today.

I am the parent of two kids. Which kid should I pay attention to???

The kid who is going on a field trip? The kid who has talked about this field trip for over a week...each day checking to make sure I was going. (Like I miss field trips!!!)

OR

The kid who doesn't feel good? The kid who came home from school yesterday with a slight fever complaining of a sore throat and headache BUT who did NOT have a fever TODAY.

I asked Jim if he could pick her up if the school called but, of course, he can't today because he has a quiz.

So, I called my Army Sister (actually, she's airforce, but I'm not holding it against her) and asked if she could be on call to pick up Teresa just in case. Jim was expecting to be home by 1230, so it wouldn't be all day.

I called Christy at 1230 and she had not heard from the school. I thought all was well...

Until Jim called at 1300 saying he was on his way to the school to pick up Teresa. The school nurse suspected strep. The nurse (who has obviously dealt with Dad's before) gave him the number to the clinic, but it was busy. I suggested he just take her over to the clinic and see if the could do a strep test.

Which he did. And they did. And now we are waiting.

And Alan and I had a good time at the zoo...

3 comments:

nanapapava said...

Oh, the sick kids....
If you get stationed here we can help share the fun (zoo and strep :)

I remember being home in Hawaii with pneumonia boy on his vacation.

Nana

Heart 4 My Home said...

Becky,

I left something for you on my blog.

~Blessings,
Nichole

Anonymous said...

Decisions....decisions. Not sure what we'd do either.

Thanks so much for the doggie booties! I will be sure to put them to good use this winter. You're timing was perfect, as I was planning on buying some soon. It was very cool of you to be thinking of us.