We just can't believe it, but it's true:TERESA IS 10!!!
That means an ID card...but we are still in denial about that...
Anyway...
for the past couple years, one birthday surprise I give the kids is to clean their room. This year, I also put up the curtains I made her for Christmas and rearranged the furniture a bit to accommodate the chair and table we bought as her present! She LOVED it!
That night, we went to T-Rex for dinner...again...You may remember reading about our LAST trip to T-Rex. When we said we were going, Teresa asked, "Did you check the weather forecast?"
Teresa and Alan both brought money they had received for birthdays and Christmas. They both made a dinosaur at the "Build-a-dino" store located there. Alan named his "Scooby Doo."
We told the waitress that it was Teresa's birthday, so they brought her "dirt" with a candle!Teresa was a bit surprised...but she had heard them singing a couple times before. I saw her stop and listen and wonder...

The t-rex restaurant really is an interesting place. They have a "meteor shower" every 30 minutes. The lights flash. There is loud sounds. The kids really didn't enjoy that part, though...

For Teresa's party, we invited a few girls from her class to walk home from school with her. They got out of school at 1130 on the 16th. We ate lunch and played on the Wii. Then, the girls helped me make the cakes. They each got a little pan to make their own cake. We cooked them then they decorated them. Then they got to eat from their own cake...and take home the left overs! It was a fun party!
Next event: obtaining the ID CARD!
6 comments:
Ten!! Amazing! Time is not marching on, it is sprinting!
Looks like both events were a good time! Glad you had good weather for T-Rex!
nana
Woo-hoo! It all looks like fun - Happy Birthday (belated on this post, of course), Teresa! We can't believe you're the big 1-0!!!
Happy Birthday Teresa! I will be 10next month, I can't wait. Have fun getting your ID card.
Love,
Ellie
Happy Birthday and great big
AL-O-HA!! We miss you guys! Aminah is approaching 10 soon too!!
Amazing!! I love the chair too! Enjoy getting the ID-that's a big deal for the ten year olds in my class! Aunt Allison
Happy Late Birthday Teresa!!
We certainly are late on this...sorry about that...
Hope your birthday was EXTRA happy...looks like you had a ton of FUN!!!
Nicki has an email now...could you talk your ma into sending me yours?? Nicki has been asking and asking!! :)
Post a Comment