AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Tea for Two

For my birthday (in February) my friend, Peg, gave me a card that said she wanted to take me to Tea at 1024, which the most popular tea house in Honolulu. We finally set the date for this past Saturday, which worked out great because Nana was here to watch the kids.

She picked me up and we drove downtown. Of course, we got stuck in gridlock from the parade, so we were late for our reservation. Once we were getting close, I told Peg to take the first parking space we went past. We found one about 4 blocks from the restaurant. It took her 10 minutes to parallel park (I don't think I would have EVER gotten the car in that space) and she had to turn the air on full blast because she worked up a sweat (it was TOO FUNNY!) We finally started walking and when we turned on the the street, there was a space right in front of the restaurant! I couldn't believe it!!

Anyway, we walked in and were directed to the area we needed to pick out our own tea cup, boa, and big floppy hat ( we opted out of the hats...they were communal...). We were seated and handed our menu's. We chose the Hibiscus tea, which was wonderful...it was PINK!! We also had little sandwiches, scones, and sweet rolls. It was so nice. No kids!!

I am really going to miss my friend when they leave for Alabama in July. It is so nice to be around someone with the same values, parenting style, and love for life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is the nicest thing! I LOVE little teas and goodies like that, she is a special gal! How cool!