AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Why do funny stories always seem to start with a Mai Tai?

After dinner last night, the kids wanted to play outside with their friends. Jim asked if we wanted to go out for dessert, but I suggested running to the shoppette for orange juice to make Mai Tai instead. He concurred, so off I went, came back and made up a pitcher. We stationed ourselves outside our neighbor's house to watch the kids and didn't have to wait long before other adults showed up with empty glasses asking "Whatcha got in that pitcher, there?"

So all the kids in the neighborhood were running around until it got dark, then they brought out the flashlights. They were playing chase and hide-n-seek...fun kid stuff.

Then we hear screaming and the kids come running up. They found a frog. My neighbor says "Don't touch it, you'll get warts!" (We all know that isn't true, she just didn't want them to touch it...) Then, we see a gang of children coming toward us, backlit by the street lights. All I can see is the figure of Alan leading the way, holding something with legs hanging down. He decided, since he ALREADY has warts, he would sacrifice himself and pick up the frog!

(OK: disclaimer: I HAVE been trying to get rid of the warts on his hands...we have gone to the dr every Thursday for the past 2 months...we're working on it!)

I had NO IDEA frogs that size lived in our neighborhood!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh How fun! That guy is HUGE!!!

Anonymous said...

Nana doesn't need to see the frog when she comes. The pictures are just fine.