AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

NANA's HERE! WOOHOO!!

Yesterday, we were talking in the car on the way to do some errands and somehow the topic of learning numbers came up. I guess I was talking about how I wanted to focus on Math this summer with the kids since the "great" Hawaiian schools don't really focus on memorizing basic facts. One of the "facts" my kids REFUSE to learn is their phone number. They can tell you their country, state, city and street, (big feat since this is the FIFTH house they have lived in since they were born!) but really don't care about learning their phone number. Nana took this as a personal challenge.

So Jim and I headed out to another "farewell" in our honor and Nana stayed with the kids for 3 hours.

We came home and were told that the kids had a performance to put on for us.

And what a performace it was...

My mom...Nana the great...had turned our phone number in to a story about a man who ate too much pizza...

So they had practiced telling a story by going

8 (rubbing their bellies)

0

8 (rubbing their bellies again...dramatically...)

2 (pretending to eat 2 pieces of pizza)

0

6 (pretending to get sick....bent over and getting sick from eating too much pizza...)

And it went on from there.

O M G it was so funny!!

I guess they did that for a WHILE before my mom told them they were acting out their phone number. Then, I'm told, Teresa had a look on her face that said "I'VE BEEN HAD!"

No comments: