I know, a day early, but tomorrow after school, Teresa has Hula. Tomorrow night, I have hula. No time for homework. This week's edition has some run on sentences and is paragraphed funny, but hey, she's 7! Oh, and be prepared for "Science according to Teresa." The ending is the same as last week because the teacher LOVED it, commented on it, and Teresa HAD to put it in again this week. I bet the whole class does the same. I'll have to ask. Aloha and enjoy! B
The Pearl
Today I found a pearl. I ran home with the pearl. When I got there, I told my Mom. My Mom could not believe it! First, she had me research it. I looked at it. At first I thought was a diamond. Then, I thought it was a ruby. Then, I thought it was a gold coin. Then, I thought it was a gem. Then, I thought it was a silver coin. Then, I told my Mom, “Hey, look at this silver coin I found.” So, my Mom came over and looked at it and said, “Hey. That’s not a silver coin. It’s a pearl, Teresa.”
When I found out it was a pearl, I just had to bring it to school. When I got to school, I told my friends about it. They begged me to search my backpack to see if it was real. They could not believe it. Then, someone said, “Is it a real pearl?” I told them the answer. I told them that the answer was it was a real pearl. Then, someone must have told my teacher that it was a real pearl. She said, “I heard about the real pearl, Teresa.” Then she said, “Why don’t we learn about your pearl.” I said, “Yes, you may use my pearl as a lesson.” She said, “That pearl is part of Earth. Class, does anyone know how a pearl is formed?” I raised my hand. The teacher called on me. I said, “First, a piece of dirt flies in to the claims mouth and the clam snaps shut. After that, the piece of dirt stays underneath the clam’s tongue. That piece of dirt, it hurts the clam so much that it puts a chemical around it every day. Then, that piece of dirt pops up on top of the clams tongue. When someone finds the clam and opens it up, they will find the pearl. But, when I found my pearl, I didn’t find it that way. I found it by the river on the ground.”
My teacher said, “That is exactly correct. But, why did you find a pearl not in a clam.” “Well, I could not find a clam in the water. So I was on my way home thinking I would not find a clam and that’s when I found the pearl. I was so excited that I ran home not even to play with my friends. My mom asked me why I was in such a rush. I told my mom to lock all the windows and make sure that if someone came to the door, they would not get in. I think I have a pearl.” My teacher examined it to make sure it was a pearl. And sure enough, she said, “Teresa, you are correct. It is a pearl. Do you mind if I call the Pearl Harbor museum to put it in there?” I said, “Yes, you may put it in the museum, I do not care. As long as you put it in a super glass case with sensor-beams on the inside and on the outside. That way if any burglars tried to steal it, they would get caught. I’m so happy it is going to be in the museum. That way, everyone can see it. But there is one problem, I guess. What if a lot of newspaper reporters come to ask me what my name is, where I live, where I found the pearl, what school I go to, what’s my mom’s name is? That kind of stuff. And I want you to ask the museum if they could give tickets for the whole entire classroom to go to the museum to see my pearl! I hope that one day I will become famous.” “But it is kind of early to call them,” said my teacher. “But we can make it through.” “That’s so cool that I am going to be famous and the school. I hope that everyone will come and see the pearl.” And that is the end of my pearl story. Or is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment