AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Spelling Story of the Week: The Rocket Launch

I swear I only write what Teresa tells me to write...
The Rocket Launch

Today, we are going to see a rocket launch. I am going with my best friends: Ellie, Sarah and Megan. We are going to go in the car. When I looked at the clock, I was in shock. I said, “We have to leave now! Mom, you know that we have to go to the rocket launch. We were invited to it and you said yes. They said to you that we have to leave by five. It is five, so we have to leave now!”

At last, we got to the rocket launching. But, all I saw was a pack of people there. So, my mom picked out a good spot where there was a crack. My mom unpacked the snack she had packed earlier. Then, two men came up to us. They said, “We are so sorry, but someone locked the rocket door shut so we can’t get in.” Before mom could answer, I said, “Maybe I can unlock that lock in the rocket door.” They let me try and so I asked my mom for either her ID card or her credit card. She gave me her credit card. She asked what I needed it for. I said it was a surprise.

When I got to the rocket door, I saw how they locked it. It was a robber who locked it. I figured out why he locked it. He snuck in when no one was looking. He had a packet of gold over his shoulder. How do you think I know it was a robber? I found a piece of gold and a mask stuck in the door. I used the credit card to get the gold and the mask out of the door crack by swiping the credit card down.

I thought the robber was still inside. When I opened the rocket door, I saw that my answer was correct. Who do you think I saw? I saw a thin guy with the packet of gold over his shoulder in a police suit. So I guess he was the guard guarding the rocket. So when I saw him, I told the guy who invited us and sure enough, he said, “Hey, that’s the guard that was guarding the rocket door! No wonder nobody saw him because it was in the middle of the night.”

They gave me a big reward. I was in shock when I saw what was in the present they had given me. It was $100! I was thrilled that the second I got home, I said, “Mom, I want to go horseback riding! It costs $100.” What do you think my mom said? My mom said, “Oh no! Not again!” And that is the end of the rocket story. Or is it?

No comments: