Sunset on the Beach is open to the public. Actually, they have it mostly every week, showing G or PG movies. There were 10-12,000 people there last night. You just take your chair to the beach and find a spot, which is HARDER than you think. We got there at 4:30 and it was already PACKED. They have food vendors from local restaurants there...I recommend the mini fried cinnamon donuts...YUM-O! The stars started showing up at 6pm or so. I don't really like tight packed crowds, so I just stayed by my chair and could see EVERYONE...Mr. Echo, Hurley, Jack, John, name someone, I saw them. My friend's husband braved the crowds with my camera and got a couple shots up close (mostly of Katie in her low cut dress...haha)
They started showing the episode just after 7pm. Don't worry, I will NOT tell a thing about the opening. That is just NOT fair. But, I can't wait to watch it again!
Wish you could have been there, Jim!!
Here are my pictures from the opening of Lost.
There are NO spoilers.
Also, my camera HATES the dark, so some of the pictures are blurry. But, you get the idea.
I would like to thank my photographer, Paul, for the up-close pictures. Thank you, Paul. Paul was also my driver and protector from scary homeless people. And thank you to Elizabeth for thinking it is not crazy to brave 10,000 people to see LOST.
Enjoy!
This is how close we were to the screen.
They started showing the episode just after 7pm. Don't worry, I will NOT tell a thing about the opening. That is just NOT fair. But, I can't wait to watch it again!
Wish you could have been there, Jim!!
Here are my pictures from the opening of Lost.
There are NO spoilers.
Also, my camera HATES the dark, so some of the pictures are blurry. But, you get the idea.
I would like to thank my photographer, Paul, for the up-close pictures. Thank you, Paul. Paul was also my driver and protector from scary homeless people. And thank you to Elizabeth for thinking it is not crazy to brave 10,000 people to see LOST.
Enjoy!
This is how close we were to the screen.
Katie
John Locke, can you pick out his bald head?
Mr. Echo (white shirt, lei)






4 comments:
FYI...
(http://starbulletin.com/2006/10/01/news/story04.html)
ISLE PREMIERE OF 'LOST,' SEASON 3
WAIKIKI GOES HOLLYWOOD
---
(http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061001/NEWS01/610120357/1001/NEWS)
Posted on: Sunday, October 1, 2006
Thousands turn out for stars, 'answers!'
Video: 'Lost' premieres third season
'Lost' premiere photo gallery
(http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Oct/01/ln/photos.html)
By Michael Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer
===
(http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Sep/29/il/FP609290351.html)
Posted on: Friday, September 29, 2006
Sneak preview of 'Lost' at Sunset Sunset on the Beach
By Michael Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer
===
LOST quiz
Can the lost be found?
(http://www.blog.ashleylangford.com/archives/2006/08/lost_quiz.html)
===
DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE PREMIERE.
(http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2006/10/lost-episode-1-premiere.html)
Your camera didn't seem to hate the dark that much.
You must've had a great time even with the huge crowd you lucky dog.
Sorry your husband couldn't share it with you, pray he stays safe.
I got your link at the TLC I use to be a big lucker at the TLEC too.
See you Wednesday night to talk about the season premiere.
I meant to say lurker not lucker that's what I get for not checking before I post. See you Wednesday.
I'm thinking someone better have a talk with Paul about all the pics of Katie in the low-cut dress!!
Seriously, Becky, I have enjoyed your photos since Elizabeth pointed the way here. Keep them coming!
Elizabeth's Mom
Post a Comment