AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

My First Sewing Project:

So, Alan's mean CCD Teacher (me) told him he had to dress up like a Saint for All Saint's Day in church. He wants to be St Michael the Archangel, defender against the snares of the devil. Good choice. Here is the picture I found on the internet:


I remembered that Teresa had a dress that could be the white toga part of the costume (though I had to convince Alan that he did NOT look like a girl), so I decided to make Alan an apron to look like the picture above. I found a pattern for a half-apron online and some basic sewing instructions and Voila! St Michael! I DO plan on making a drape for his shoulders and some kind of sash for his chest. But, what do you think so far???


BTW: the red mark on his arm is actually a pumpkin tattoo... :)

2 comments:

themumma said...

nice handiwork.

feel like making costumes for the cat in the hat (sammy) and thing 1 and thing 2 (the twins)?

i am wary of what i might produce (when i ever find some time to work on it...)

-laura

Anonymous said...

Excellent!! I am a HUGE fan of St. Michael! and another Michael! Allison