AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

No News is Good News

Last I heard from Jim, he was about to start his travels. He thought they would be leaving Monday morning, Kuwait time, which should be right about now.

So, because I haven't heard from him today, they should be on schedule.

When I talked to him yesterday, he had no idea of the route they were taking.

I'll let you know when I next hear from him.

I think it is safe now to post some pictures of what we have been doing to get ready for him to arrive.

Jim, if you are reading this for some reason,

STOP

When Nana was here, we used the sheet she bought for me in June from TARGET to create our welcome home sign. Teresa and Alan really did a good job of deciding what they wanted to say and then painting the sign:

(See finished product farther down the page)

This past Thursday, I got together with 4 other ladies from the neighborhood to decorate our street. It took us about 6 weeks to get the key to this gate so we could put these cups in to create a cool welcome home sign. (The Navy wives do this ALL THE TIME, so we copied them!)

We also purchased waterproof ribbon and decorated the guard rails and all the trees. I must say, it looks REALLY impressive. We all have been getting LOTS of compliments. AND the kids are getting REALLY excited...

Today, we finished putting some ribbons on trees closer to the house. Then, with the help of some friends, we hung up the Welcome Home sign:


The only thing we need now is

DADDY!!!

9 comments:

Nicki Meier said...

Becky...
You have me in tears right now.
Bless you.
Bless those babies...
And Bless Jim.

You are a family I admire so much. And you are just one of the many who go through this.
You have been my "contact" to what is really going on over there...I do so admire you all...

Welcome Home Jim Clark!! :)

Anonymous said...

Becky and kids -
WOW - all the welcome home decor looks great. GREAT sign, Alan and Teresa! The "cup art" came out perfect, Becky - way to go!
We're all so excited for the big homecoming and can't wait to get the official news that Jim is HOME!

Love
Ellen and Tony

Terri Steffes said...

I am so excited for you and your family. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Becky,
Boo Hoo! I am also in tears as I write this. Everything looks fabulous in the old neighborhood. I wish I was there to help and see Jim come home through my kitchen window.
We are so happy for you and proud of Jim for his service.
Have a wonderful homecoming!!!!
Aloha,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, I am so excited for you guys. I am sending up lots of prayers for safe travels for Jim. Have a joyous reunion as I know you will. Bless all of you.

Tim said...

I thought the stars on the banner were Katie prints. :-)

It's very exciting to read these updates as they happen. Everyone's very happy to hear this news!

Becky said...

Elizabeth,

The gal between Susan and Paige is Lynette...she lives in your house! Her husband is on the same plane as Jim...oh, and so is Susan's husband...and Alan's teacher's husband is on that plane, too!! We will know LOTS of people there!!

Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Thanks for sharing all this excitement with those of us that follow your blog. I loved seeing the pictures of the "old neighborhood" all decorated for the homecoming. It brought a lump to my throat just to see it.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Janet

nanapapava said...

Well, at least Nana pressed the camera button correctly to capture the pictures of the kids painting their Dad's welocme home sign....

Sorry about the mistake back at the pumpkin patch :)

Nana