AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, December 22, 2008

SKi School

Yesterday, we went to Snow Creek Ski Area about 20 minutes from our house. Though we went skiing with Prisca and Nicolas 4 years ago, our kids have never taken ski lessons. We thought it would be a good idea to give them a head start on our trip to Colorado, so we signed them up for ski school.

THEY WERE AMAZING!!! We couldn't believe how well they did their first time! They learned how to ride the tow rope, point themselves down the hill, make wide turns and stop! They had three hours of lessons. Then we ate lunch in the lodge. Then they wanted to go out and practice with Daddy!!

(Teresa is in the pink jacket, Alan is in the red jacket, Jim is in the green puffy jacket)

Here is a picture of their lesson:

Here they are getting ready to ski with Daddy:

Here they are ridding the tow rope. Teresa is already at the top.

And here they are coming down!

Here is a video of them skiing. Teresa is the first kid up the tow rope with an instructor behind her. Alan is the second kid up the tow rope with 2 instructors behind him. (They were the only ones in ski school yesterday!! 3 instructors for 2 kids!!)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Nicki Meier said...

Yeah for them!! Looks like fun...although I am a chicken of driving in the snow, so one would NEVER find me at the top of a ski slope...sigh. :)
BUT..shhhh...don't tell Nicki, she is getting SKI's for Christmas!!

I definately think...teach them while they are young...they will love it!

nanapapava said...

That is the kind of hill I learned on! (Diamond Hill in Cumberland, RI :)

looks like thay had lots of funa nd attention!

nana

Anonymous said...

Becky,

I just read where your Mom learned to ski!

Good heavens, that is only a few miles from us!! I pass Diamond Hill frequently on my way to Elizabeth's sister's home on the Wrentham/Franklin MA town line. Hope your Mom sees this!

Small world, huh?

Merry Chistmas to all.

Janet

Becky said...

'I liked the ski school', said Teresa