AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa, You've Got MORE Mail

Last year, the kids both participated in what their school called a "Winter Song Fest." The theme: "Santa, You've Got Mail." Each grade level learned a different song from the "play," though they didn't actually act out any of the parts.

At their new school, each month, a different grade level puts on a play. In December, there were actually 2 plays: the Kindergarteners put on "The Tiniest Christmas Tree" and the Fourth graders put on, you guessed it, "Santa, You've Got Mail."

A few weeks ago, Teresa came home all excited. They were learning the songs...that she already knew. In fact, she knew all the moves to the songs. Their teacher was just going over the words, but Teresa was putting in the choreography that she learned last year. The kids liked what Teresa was doing for Feliz Navidad that the teacher pretty much used Teresa's choreography. Too funny!

Teresa did have a speaking part. She was the "Grandma." When I was in second grade, I was a grandma in the winter play. The only thing I remember is that they put flour in my hair. When I told Teresa that, she HAD to have flour in her hair! For the rest of her costume, we found an old fashioned apron at an antique mall and I pinned an old broach to her chest. Yep, Grandma. (no, Nana and Oma, you don't ACTUALLY look like this...sorry, it's a stereotype!)




Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

nanapapava said...

Very good Grandma, Teresa!!

Nana

Anonymous said...

Excellent Job, Teresa!

Elizabeth Riley

Anonymous said...

I just saw this!

Teresa you are amazing! Great job!

Sandra