AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Spreading Holiday Cheer (or at least laughter)

True Story:

Last night, Jim and I helped host our friend's home for the Leavenworth Tour of Homes. When we were finished and ready to leave, we walked outside and it was COLD and SNOWING.

(BTW: it dropped 40 degrees yesterday! It was 60 when we went to church, 32 when we left church, and 19 when we went to bed! And this morning: 3...that's right 3 degrees!)

So, we got in the van and started slowly home.

I don't think I have driven when it was actually snowing since Germany. I may have driven in the snow in Kentucky, but I can't imagine where I would have needed to go with a 3 year old and a 1 year old. And, I don't believe it ever snowed while we were in South Carolina. (iced, yes, but no snow) Anyway, I was driving very conservatively.

The light changed when I was driving in downtown Leavenworth, so I slowly stepped on the brake and rolled to a slow, safe stop. A guy in a pick up truck pulled up next to us. I was keeping my eyes front...paying attention, but Jim noticed that the guy was pointing at us and laughing.

And then we realized why:

WE STILL HAVE HAWAIIAN PLATES!

Those HAWAIIANS definitely don't know how to drive in the snow!

2 comments:

MONTE said...

Nor do most southern VA folks which causes utter chaos when a few flakes hit the pavement!

The Mujahid's said...

LOL LOL ! That is so funny. I can't imagine i have driven on ice in over 10 years! And never in snow!