AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I thought this winter break would be relaxing!

Boy, was I wrong!

Santa even bought tickets for the kids to go to Sea Life Park Camp for a WEEK! My friends kept asking me, "Who is that REALLY a present for...the kids or YOU!"

I thought I could get a lot done without the kids here for a week...8-5...and I DID, just not as much as I thought. At least all the Christmas ornaments are put away super good...just in case we have to move this summer. (Did we mention that we might have to move this summer...maybe?)

Anyway, back to Sea Life Park Camp:

The kids went snorkeling with the sting rays...TWICE! They also attended all the shows in the park and were treated to extra information about all the different animals by the trainers. They were able to go to the Makapu'u Tidal poles and look for marine life. They came home every day with a craft...sometimes it was a sea craft...sometimes it was a Hawaiian craft.

The culminating activity was interacting with the dolphins. When Jim was home for R&R, we actually got to swim with the dolphins. This time they just got to touch the dolphins and help make them do tricks. The kids LOVED it!




The only thing I didn't like about the week:

ALAN CAME HOME
WITH PINK EYE!


On a Friday night...

with people coming to our house for dinner...

but that's another post ;)

Here is a little video of the kids touching the dolphin's tail. Alan is the little jumping boy with no shirt on. Unfortunately, because Youtube makes the video's blurry, you really can't see Teresa touching the dolphin. Hope you enjoy it anyway...

3 comments:

Nicki Meier said...

I think you should move to the GREAT NORTHWEST!!! :L

Anonymous said...

What an amazing life your children have, Becky.....So wonderful...and filled with such fascinating experiences!!

nanapapava said...

Sea Life Park is such a fun place -- I'm sure Teresa and Alan had a blast being able to be there every day for a week. And, what's all this complaining about getting things done while they were gone? I seem to remember you being at the movies.... :)

Nana