AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where does he learn this stuff?

Conversation at school as reported by his teacher:

Setting

Classroom of 1st Graders. Teacher at board assigning "morning work." The children have to fill in the blanks of the sentence: ______ is good at _________.

Players

Child 1
Child 2
Teacher
Alan

Action

Teacher: What words do you think you could put in the blanks?

Child 1: Sammy is good at baseball.

Teacher: Great!

Child 2: Can I put "I" in the first blank?

Teacher: Does "I is good at" sound right? Is that how we talk?

Alan: It is if you are a hillbilly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

that is absolutely hilarious...
Ellen, Tony and Nicholas

nanapapava said...

Maybe it was those family vacations in West Virginia.....
Hmmm...

Good one, Alan!

Nana

Nancy R said...

HA! That ARE a good one!

;o)

Nicki Meier said...

Definately a Bwhwhahahahhaaa moment!