If you know me, you know that sometimes (ok...a lot of times) I make things "all about me."
Sorry.
It's sort of a compulsion. (like the fact that I have to turn out all the lights in the house before leaving and that I have to check my purse for my keys twice before shutting the door to the car...and you still want to be my friend?)
I know that I do it, so I really try hard not to...but it just comes out. If someone is telling a story about their kids, I think of a story about my kids. Sometimes I can hold it in...sometimes I can't...
Why am I tell you this?
Have you been keeping up with the Writers Strike?
No
Neither have I...until...it effected me...
Let me catch you up...
The Writers have been striking because Movie and TV Producers won't let them have any piece of the "digital pie." According to their website, within 2-5 years we will be ordering TV shows and movies through our TV's which will be hooked up to the Internet. The Producers aren't willing to give them any profits from this at all.
So, here I am in Hawaii, not really caring that David Letterman was off the air for a while (he's on too late for me anyway) until I started trying to figure out when the premiere of the 4th season of Lost was going to be shown at Sunset on the Beach. I had SUCH a great time last year with Elizabeth and Paul. It was supposed to be this Saturday night...
IT'S BEEN CANCELLED!
WHY?
Because the actors don't want to cross the picket lines.
I guess I'll have to wait like everyone else until next Thursday.
SIGH....
4 comments:
Sorry, honey. If the writers had known how this would affect you they would likely have settled this mess a while back. First the Golden Globes and now Becky's Night Out. What next!?!
Becky,
That is terrible! That was a fun night sitting on the beach with a thousand of our friends. Does the season really start next Thursday? I haven't heard anything.
I'll call you the day after.
Elizabeth
Emily has gotten her roommates hooked too! Can you download it early on ABC.com? Allison
i know exactly what you mean -- i'm in the "it's all about me" club too -- especially the kid story part. i mean, here i was reading your blog about how it's all about you, and what did i think about? how i'm just like that and how it's all about me!
(ha, ha!)
Post a Comment