
for Christmas about 9 or 10 years ago. To be honest, it sat on the shelf for a year or so before I realized I had some postcards I could store in this book meant to store postcards.
Since that time, we have put every postcard we have received in this book. Sadly, it's almost filled up.
I think we will enjoy looking at the postcards in years to come. My mother said she wishes she had kept postcards and letters sent from her Nana years ago. Teresa and Alan will be able to look back at all the neat places people have been and see what they wrote in their own handwriting. This is a dying practice with email these days.
We have received postcards from all over the world...Daddy even sent us some from Iraq (as did Uncle Tom and Uncle Rob) and Japan and Alaska!
We have a TON from Europe (Thank you Oma & Opa 20 , Prisca & Nicolas 18, Nana & Papa 18, and Mary & Jay 8)
We even have some from Australia (can you guess who sent those?!?)
Do you remember the camera Teresa found? The owners sent us 3 cards as part of her "Thank You."
Now, we only have room in the book for 3 more cards...I wonder what we will receive next...
(I found another book on the internet and will be ordering it shortly! Don't worry...you're postcards will NOT be thrown away!)
3 comments:
Becky,
That is a great gift. My grandparents always sent postcards from all their travels, I wish I had kept better track of them.
Elizabeth
Yes, Elizabeth. My sentiments exactly. I only had one set of grandparents, and they traveled quite a bit (though only in the US). They always sent postcards.
Great gift! I've enjoyed looking at the cards in the book myself :)
Nana
Ditto and Ditto
Post a Comment