AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Block Party: Beach Version

Conversation with Lynnette (and Claudia and Paige)

Players

Me
Lynnette
(and another day Claudia and another day Paige)

Action


Friend: Hey, I wanted to talk to you about your going away party. We were trying to figure out which day would be good to hold the block party.

Me: I think the last weekend of June would be fine. But...

Friend: But what?

Me: But, I was thinking about something different than our usual block party.

Friend: Oh really? What were you thinking?

Me: Did you know you could rent a beach on Hickam?

Friend: Really?

Me: Yes. I think it would be fun to rent the beach. I will pay for it, I don't mind, since it is MY idea.

Friend: I'll talk to everyone and see what we can do.


Now, I'm usually the PLANNER for all things PARTY. So, I really didn't know how this was going to work out. Also, like I said, we usually have block parties by pulling food and chairs out on the street. While fun, I REALLY wanted to rent this beach ever since we saw it a couple years ago. Claudia organized the whole thing, including renting the banana boat. That was a TON of fun. All the families chipped in to pay for the party. It was a BLAST. The three hours FLEW by!

Aloha Hawaiian Ohana!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky,

Wow!! What a going away party.

Leaving Hawaii must be SOOO difficult. I feel it every time I read your recent blog entries.

I will keep you in prayer.

Oh, my. This is tough.

And wonderful at the same time.

The photos are fabulous.

Aunt Susan

nanapapava said...

Your O'hana are wonderful! With you for a lifetime.

What a great, fun party! I'm jealous!

Nana

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic way to make more memories!! Those friends will be with you forever-you might even get back for a visit next year!! You certainly have reaped what you sow! Allison

Anonymous said...

Great idea....knew your farewell gathering with friends would not be plain or ordinary. Love, Oma and Opa

Anonymous said...

Becky,
Looks like a fun day, I love the bannana boat rides.
I caught up with Victoria Jenks yesterday here in New Jersey. Her parents live by the Jersey shore so I went over with Ellie and Sarah. It was great catching up on AMR news. The girls all had fun swimming and laughing.
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Your HI pictures always give me a nice break from work...and my view of the back parking lot (at least I get to have windows). I will miss seeing them posted.

Looks like you had a great farewell party though! The water looks so inviting! *sigh*

Ellen