AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Up, Up and Away!

A couple weeks ago, Jim called and asked if I wanted to participate in the CAB's Spouses' Day Event: Sure, why not?

So, I got Sandra to watch the kids and I went up to Wheeler at my allotted time. Apparently, this CAB is the only CAB in the Army to hold this particular event: bringing spouses up in Blackhawks! And, IMO, there is no better place than Hawaii to take a helicopter ride!

When we first arrived, we went in the wrong way, so I went to station 5 and picked up my flight suit before the rest of the people in my chalk. It was optional to wear a flight suit, but I figured that if I'm going to do this: I'm gonna DO IT!

It was a ton of fun. Just a short 20 minute flight, but we flew all the way down to Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately, my photo editing programs are on the computer that was shipped. There is one picture I took of AMR that will be great when I can crop it. Here are a few that were pretty good as is: ENJOY!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! How lucky are you? That looks like it was not only fun, but breathtaking!! You look good in a flight suit too! Experiences like that are really going to make the move to Kansas much harder. Keep living it up! Allison

Anonymous said...

Wow indeed!! I'm with Allison. You look like a movie star in that flight suit...Your hair is sooo cute....What a wonderful flight that must have been, Becky. So glad you got to experience it. Love, Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Very Cool!!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Double Wow! What an experience. Loved the photos especially you in the flight suit......looked great. You could end up in an Air Force reqruiting poster. Love, Oma and Opa

nanapapava said...

Woah! Not sure what you want to crop! Great photos. Glad you got to have the ride!

Nana

The Mujahid's said...

Very,very cool! Squeeze as much Hawaiian fun as you can before you leave.
miss you,

B

Anonymous said...

The flight suit was the right choice! You looked great and the others, honestly, looked a little out of place.

So cool!
Ellen