AKA
The beginning of the end of our vacation
The day started out with us packing up the car, again. After checking out, we stopped by the Fishing Bridge Visitor's Center so Teresa and Alan could turn in their Junior Ranger worksheets. It took them all week to complete all the activities! (BTW: Did you notice the hat Alan HAD to buy! He wore it all week.)
The last thing we did inside the park was hike the pelican bay trail. The reason: BEARS were reported to be in the area. In fact, we had to pass a sign tell us that the park was not responsible if we were mauled...or something like that. Unfortunately, the only critters we saw where a couple squirrels and a bison, determined to find greener pastures by crossing the bridge on the main road, stopping traffic in both directions.
After getting back in the car, we drove the rest of the way to the Eastern Entrance and left the park.
:(
Alan and I both were not feeling so hot at this point. I had spent a good part of the week reading from our tour book as we drove, but
We stopped for gas when when we saw THIS sign:
Hawaii friends, notice also the sign for MILK!!
After arriving in Cody, we found a place to eat recommended to us by the guy at the Chamber of Commerce. Downtown Cody was a really neat place. We also appreciated the fact that every time we needed to park, there was an empty space right in front of where we were going! We ate lunch at a Mexican place, then found a barber for Jim (Cowboy Cuts.)
You know what happened next because I already blogged it: Alan was sick as soon as we checked in to the hotel. He seemed to rally after a while and we did go swimming and to dinner at an Italian restaurant. We went back to the room so Jim could do some work on the computer. After a bit, Jim suggested we walk to the DQ down the street. Alan thought it would be better to stay in the room (???!!!???) This act put my Mommy Alert in to action. I forced Children's Motrin down his throat and started my hunt for the thermometer. I found it about an hour after I gave him the Motrin and his temp was over 100 still.
Saturday was a driving day. We drove 400 miles to Cheyenne, WY with the intentions of meeting Mary and Jay at the hotel between 3 & 4. Alan was NOT doing well. He was throwing up water. I had to sit in the backseat with him. It was horrible. Jim and I discussed having to bring him to the ER once we arrived in Cheyenne. Alan was begging for water, so I started giving him one cap full every 10 minutes. He watched the clock like a hawk. After a couple hours of that, I gave him a couple spoonful's of applesauce, which he kept down!
By the time we got to the hotel, he was fine. He ate another applesauce, drank half a bottle of water and started bouncing off the walls! We decided to wait for Mary and Jay at the pool!! Woohoo! No ER trip on THIS vacation/PCS! (some of you might remember other PCS's of ours that resulted in hospitalizations)
2 comments:
I remember PCS's and "vacations" that included getting up every 4 hours around the clock to administer antibiotics. And finding emergency medical care (even me being stung by a bee, pregnant with Tim, the first day we were driving away from Washington state on a PCS move....and you, Becky, being stung by a bee on your tongue the first weekend in Germany on a PCS move....hmmmm, a pattern?)
Oh, the joys of travel!
Nana
Oh, and yes, we have noticed the hat. And, when did Teresa's hair get so long and full?!?
Nana
Post a Comment