AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

I have to stick this bit of information in

before we go on even further because it comes up OFTEN:

I have never been a big hat person. It stems from my childhood. I think part of it was the fact I didn't want to ruin my 80's feathery hair. Part of it stems from going to Disney World the day after I bought a hat at Sea World (because my mommy made me) and being teased by the workers at the Jungle Cruise.

Anyway, when you are going in to the Outback of Australia...you NEED a hat. Jim brought a hat (though he TRIED to find a new one...but they just didn't fit right...hard to explain) and Teresa brought a hat (pink Hanna hat...she didn't want a new one.) Alan and I needed hats.

I looked and looked and finally found one that was decent. (yes, you WILL see pictures of me actually WEARING the hat.)

We made MANY suggestions for Alan, but there was ONE hat he kept going back to. It seemed to be in EVERY store and he was SET on having this hat. I must say: EVERY PERSON we came in to contact with EVERY DAY commented on his hat. EVERY DAY:


Classic Alan

Another thing you will notice, it is ALWAYS crooked. It must have been the way he put it on with his right hand, but it always dips a little to the right. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, folks...Becky NEVER worn another hat after that fateful day. The second the ride operator said "SEA-World????", hats disappeared as one of her accessories.

But Alan is following in the footsteps of his uncle, Tim...and a lovely hat it is!!!

Love, Papa

nanapapava said...

Alan! What as perfect hat for Australia!!! And you look perfect in it.

Nana

Anonymous said...

I am a hat person, I confess.....Nothing like a good hat.....And I do believe you picked the perfect hat, Alan. I looooove it. It is very cool.

Love, Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

We can see why Alan was drawn to that hat - it's awesome! Great choice Alan!

It's a lot of fun reading the stories of the trip - we can live vicariously through them!

Love, Aunt Ellen and Uncle Tony