AL-O-HA

from Oklahoma!!!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Seven

Seven years ago today, I woke up and said, "Jim, I think I'm in labor." He said, "No you're not. Go back to sleep." A half hour later, he was driving so fast to the hospital that we almost ran over a fox. (Slamming on brakes + contraction = LOTS OF PAIN! Tony, take notes ;) )

Alan started off the day with his favorite breakfast: French Toast! (he likes to pour his own syrup from that little yellow pitcher)


We are such good parents. The present we ordered didn't arrive in the mail in time.* So, we taped a note to the bottom of a box and wrapped it up:



He didn't seem to like that idea.

But, he did like the battling helicopters that Uncle Mike and Aunt Allison sent: THANKS!

His cake: marble cake in the shape of a sandcastle.



The best thing that happened all day:

HE LOST A FRONT TOOTH!!!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALAN!!!

*The present arrived in the mail later, so he did get his present on his birthday. Turns out that we aren't too bad as parents. (Ellen and Tony: more rocket balloons!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alan!!!!!!
Ellie is going to get those battling helicopters from us for Christmas. Shhhh don't tell her. They look like a lot fun, Mr. Paul Riley can't wait to try them out.
Best Wishes,
Elizabeth

P.S. Meagan really misses babysitting you and Teresa. She says Hello to you both.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Alan!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a day!! You are the only guy I have ever known who lost his tooth on his birthday....Wow!!!!!!!

And, Becky, "Seven years ago today, I woke up and said, "Jim, I think I'm in labor." He said, "No you're not. Go back to sleep." A half hour later, he was driving so fast to the hospital that we almost ran over a fox." That is hilarious...You are a great writer!!

Love, Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

p.s. "Whew" on the mailman arriving just in the nick of time!!

Nicki Meier said...

Wow! We missed this on Thursday. Looks like your birthday was a GREAT one!!
Congratulations on losing your tooth!! I have never known anyone that that has happened to!! You are one lucky guy!

Hope you enjoy being 7, Joey says he sure feels more grown up now. Bet you do too!
Happy Late Birthday Alan!!

nanapapava said...

Nana remembers Alan's birthday in Germany. Mom, Dad & Nana agreed that if Mom went into labor in the middle of the night, Nana would stay home with Teresa. But, Dad would come back to get Nana in the early morning when a friend would watch Teresa. Unfortunately, Alan was born so quickly, Nana could not get there on time. But I loved him when I saw him :) Nana

Anonymous said...

Alan:

Looks like you had a great birthday and Uncle Tony is jealous that he can't test out those rocket balloons with you!

Love
Aunt Ellen and Uncle Tony