When Jim was in Iraq, he signed up for
anysoldier.com. People can look at that website, request addresses for soldiers, and send them things. Jim received LOTS of packages and mail, but some people wrote to him multiple times, including a lady from Hawaii named Tina. Tina is a retired civilian contractor who decided that if soldiers could protect her freedom, she could send them post cards. She sent Jim between 1-3 post cards A WEEK. No, I'm not kidding. I'm glad someone did, because I was just surviving at home, and while I DID send him stuff, I did NOT send him 1-3 postcards a week.
We tried to catch up with Tina before but it didn't work out until Tuesday! We were able to meet up with her for lunch the day before we flew out. She has a wonderful personality, just like Jim thought she would!
So, Tina, ALOHA! and
MAHALO! and ALOHA!
2 comments:
Wow, Becky...I think people like Tina are literal saints....Bless her heart...What a mission that was...That's a LOT of postcards. I am thankful that there are people like her. Amazing grace.
Aunt Susan
I remember hearing about Tina's postcards many times. Tina was a true and faithful friend during Jim's deployment. And I know her friendship is very meaningful to Jim.
Nana
Post a Comment