Aloha `oe, aloha `oe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace,
A ho`i a`e au
Until we meet again
Farewell to you, farewell to you
The charming one who dwells in the shaded bowers
One fond embrace,
'Ere I depart
Until we meet again
We have enjoyed our time in Hawaii. Every place, in the Army, is what you make of it. I think we did the best job we could do under our circumstances. I'm sure this will hold true in the future.
5 comments:
Well said! I hope your vacation helps ease your transition. See you on the mainland!
(btw I wonder who's flat footprints those are?)
I love that song....didn't know what the words meant.
Hope your flight is going well (as I write this you are in the air.)
You are right -- your postings have always been what you make of them. Kansas will be great.
Nana
Becky,
I've been wondering what your farewell to the islands would look like...it was perfect!!
Aloha indeed!
Wishing you fair winds and safe travels as you make your way eastbound.
Janet
Becky,
I will miss reading the Hawaiian blogs, it was in a way my contact with our old life in Hawaii. I still have so many fond memories. Last night we went to an historic farmstead where they have music under the stars. It was the closet thing I could find to Sunset on the Beach- just not the same! But we heard some good Motown Music.
Good luck during your transition. I can't wait to hear your Kansas stories. We lived in Fort Riley, Kansas our first three years of marriage. I know you will have a good time.
Our best to Jim and the kids.
Aloha,
Elizabeth
Becky,
Your last post from Hawaii was so poignant...and so artistic....Amazing....
I almost want to cry....I feel as if I myself am leaving Hawaii...You brought us all there with you in your blogs....And now we are leaving too....Oh, my....
Aunt Susan
Post a Comment